Saturday, August 4, 2012

Home is where the heart is

Hello loyal, loving, and prayerful friends...
We made it back from MD Anderson last Saturday night. Sunday I was in a trance being really home (we were home a few hours before going to MD) for the first time in 6 weeks. I spent all this week questioning all listening parties what the next steps would be. The results from the bone marrow biopsy at MD Anderson came back at just under 3%, Remission! I won't stay there I'm told, even though I think they are wrong, so it's off to consolidation chemotherapy at Lakeview in Covington Friday. Two days of chemo, then two weeks of recovery. After that, it is Houston for at least 100 days for the stem cell transplant. If that takes, I have a 60-70% chance for a cure... Now I like that word and wish it would been brought up sooner.
Steven finally went back home (NYC) today to tangle with cab drivers that he misses so much. What incredible support from Paula, Jon, and Steven, tolerating hospital shenanigans and my overeating at every opportunity. I blame it on the doctors and nurses telling me to finish my plate for nutritional prowess for chemo. Bring it on, the food I mean. My new love is Raisin Bran with a 350 calorie bottle of Ensure floating it to wash it down.
Keep those thoughts and prayers coming, they sure do work.
Thank you everyone for all your kind words and treats in all forms, it sure does lift spirits and inspire healing.
Love, Carl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home